What We Believe
1. We believe that there is one God, the creator and sustainer of the universe, who exists in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. We believe that God has revealed Himself to humanity through the world he has created, the conscience within each of us, the incarnation of Jesus Christ, and the Bible.
Genesis 1:1; 2 Corinthians 13:14; Romans 1:18-32; John 1:14-18; 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20,21
2. We believe that the Bible is God’s complete written revelation of Himself to humanity. It was given by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit and it is the source of truth and our final authority in life.
2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20,21 1 Peter 1:22-25; Hebrews 4:12,13
3. We believe that Jesus Christ is God, and that He was fully God and fully human during His 33 years of life on this earth. He lived a completely sinless life and then died on the cross to take the punishment for our sins, rose back to life three days later, and then returned to Heaven where He is now seated at the right hand of God the Father.
John 1:1-14; 2 Corinthians 5:21; 1 Corinthians 15:3,4; Hebrews 4:14; Hebrews 12:2
4. We believe that all people are sinners who are separated from a holy God who loves them. No matter how hard we try, we could never be good enough or do enough good things to make up for our sins and restore our broken relationship with God. Romans 3:23; Isaiah 64:4-7; Galatians 2:16; Ephesians 2:8,9; Titus 3:5
5. We believe that God has provided a way for us to be forgiven for our sins and have our relationship with Him restored. It is by putting our faith and trust in Jesus’ death alone for the forgiveness of our sins and receiving the free gift of everlasting life with God.
John 3:16; Romans 5:8; Romans 10:9,10
6. We believe that those who have received this gift are saved and have God the Holy Spirit living within them. One day they will spend eternity with God. A person who dies never having received this free gift is destined to spend eternity in Hell, separated from God forever.
Acts 2:21; Acts 2:38; Acts 4:10-12; Acts 16:31; John 3:16; 1 Timothy 1:16; John 3:18; Romans 6:23; Revelation 20:11-15
7. We believe that someday Jesus will come back and receive those who believe in Him into Heaven, and then eventually return to earth with them to set up His Kingdom.
Acts 1:11; 1 Corinthians 15:51-57; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; Revelation 19:11-20:6
8. We believe that God’s plan for believers in this life is to glorify Him through good works, through telling others the good news of salvation, and through being conformed to the image of Jesus.
Matthew 5:16; Ephesians 2:10; 1 Corinthians 15:58; 2 Timothy 3:17; Matthew 28:19,20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; Romans 8:29; Ephesians 4:11-16; Philippians 1:9-11